Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday 26 March 2014

My head went BOOM - A Genius Idea for Customer Service


There are moments in time when as MD of an Innovation business I am introduced to an idea and my head goes BOOM!!  Suddenly, I find myself looking at an Innovation as a potential customer and I start getting very excited about what that Innovation will be able to do for me.   I’ve just had one of those moments and feel compelled to write about it.

Since the beginning of the year the Vaultigo team, led by the phenomenally determined Eva Rossmar, have been working with a number of businesses (including addonova and Capgemini) to develop a service that has every opportunity to transform not only the way we all tackle the myriad of paperwork that enters our lives but the way businesses provide their services online.   If you want to see what I’m talking about then check out the new Vaultigo website www.vaultigo.com, sign up and have a play.  In the meantime let me expand on why my head went BOOM.

Not only does this customer service platform have the ability to help us deal with all of our administration online with a single sign-on (which in itself is genius) – it actually has all the potential to go on to be the Facebook for business.  Now before you go yeah, yeah I’ve heard that before let me elaborate.

Facebook and Twitter are brilliant platforms through which we can be SOCIAL with ALL* our friends and followers, the likes of MoneySuperMarket.com, CompareTheMarket.com and Confused.com are excellent platforms for enabling us to COMPARE ALL PRICES in a particular market.  Google and Wikipedia are excellent platforms on which to source ALL DATA.  But, to date there is no platform upon which ALL firms deliver their SERVICES.  Instead many organisations spend a fortune to develop their own digital service capabilities in a bid to “own” the customer.   Only I haven’t yet met the customer who wants to be “owned”.  When looked at in this manner it becomes glaringly apparent that there is a space for a ubiquitous service platform and Vaultigo has every opportunity and ambition to be that platform.  BOOM!

Now what gives it every chance are three particular aspects that have got me really excited.   Firstly they have created a fantastic user experience at the front end which is making it simple to attract lots of members of the general public who are keen to find a better way of managing their lives online, secondly they are already signing up a number of corporate who see the opportunity to deliver their services through the platform at a very reduced cost and thirdly they think digital – the story of the development of the site is a modern day parable for how future developments will be made (fast, cheap and real-time testing).

So that’s it for now – have a look and a play – you might be at the start of a whole new wave of something exciting in your life.

PS – I don’t have share in this company (sadly).


* Now before the pedants amongst you point out that ALL is not really all, I know.  I’m merely pointing out that there are enough friends, firms, data sets on these platforms to make it feel like all.

1 comment:

  1. The personal side is interesting but surely the business aspect is just like Hightail and several others that have been around for a while? Hardly worth a "BOOM" moment....

    ReplyDelete